Thursday, March 10, 2011

So, A blog.

Here goes....
      I am starting this blog mainly to keep track of some recipes of awesome things I am cooking lately.
That being said, I will provide a little background information about myself.
I am 29 have a wonderful wife and a tremendous two year old, and a new baby girl on the way. I like to partake in Adventure Races. An adventure race is similar to a triathlon, in that it is a multi-sport endurance race. Races can take anywhere from 3 hours to 3 weeks.  The activities included are biking, canoeing, and trekking/orienteering. I have 4 races this summer, so a lot of my free time is devoted to training. Most of my days go as followed: Wake,Gym,Work,PickUp Son,Make Dinner, EAT, Sleep. It is a pretty brutal schedule, getting up at 3am so I can make it to work, an hour away, by 7.  I am usually in bed by 8:30.
     Recently I have begun a Paleo, or Caveman, Diet. It means eating the way our ancestors did. No grains, legumes, or heavy starches. This new diet has really inspired me to start cooking again. It really makes you use your imagination and try things you have not before. This blog is going to serve as an online database of these recipes. Hopefully others will be able to use it to there advantage. While not all recipes will be Paleo compliant, most will have a Paleo version.

1 comment: